We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at any time. If you have (or have had) any of the contraindicative conditions listed below, please contact us (email@example.com) before scheduling your eyeliner appointment to ensure you are a candidate. Conditions that have been diagnosed and are being waived may be required to bring a doctor’s note stating their approval.
- You must consult your doctor if you have had any type of eye surgery, including cataract, Lasik, and/or blepharoplasty. Most doctors recommend waiting 3-9 months before getting your eyeliner done. This is due to the procedure’s slight pressure and stretching on and around the eye.
- Vascular Eyelids
- Previously tattooed eyeliner
- Upcoming vacation
- Pregnant or nursing
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- Pacemaker or heart conditions
- Had an Organ transplant
- Tendency towards keloids or scarring
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Skin irritations or psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
- Had Botox in the past 2 months
- Used Accutane in the past year
- Taken Doxycycline in the past 6 months
- Allergies to anesthetic (lidocaine) or epinephrine
- Extremely oily or problematic skin
- Cancer or chemotherapy
- Auto-immune diseases
These Pre -& Post Care Instructions are ESSENTIAL in order for your eyeliner to heal properly (and look their best)! Pre-Care instructions are intended to reduce bleeding and skin sensitivities during the procedure. Excessive bleeding during the procedure dilutes the pigment colour, resulting in poor results!
Attention Please: book your appointments at least 3-4 months in advance of vacations, weddings, and other special occasions. This allows for an adequate healing time as well as time for touch-ups (at an additional cost if desired). Some New Clients may need multiple sessions (at an additional cost) to achieve the density and shape they desire.
PRE-CARE FOR EYELINER
- Arrive with NO eye makeup or lashes on.
- Remove eyelash extensions one week before applying eyeliner.
- Stop using any lash growth serum at least 4 weeks before the procedure.
- No lash tinting, lifting, perming, or curling for at least one week before the procedure.
- If you wear contacts, please do not wear them to your appointment and do not wear them for at least 24 hours after the procedure is completed.
- Exercise should be avoided 48 hours before the procedure.
- NO alcoholic beverages or caffeine 48 hours before the procedure (yes, decaf coffee and tea contain caffeine!).
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning on your face for two weeks before the procedure.
- Take no aspirin, niacin, vitamin E, or ibuprofen for 48 hours before the procedure.
- Fish oil, prenatal vitamins, nutritional shakes (Shakeology, etc.), and “Hair, Skin, Nail” supplements should be avoided two weeks before the procedure.
- Retin-A, chemical and laser peels, microdermabrasion, Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), and any chemical exfoliant or “brightening” skincare should be stopped at least 6 weeks before the procedure (Once your eyeliner has fully healed, you must cover your tattoo area with VASELINE prior to the use of these products to prevent premature fading).
- It is advised to start taking Arnica and/or bromelain one week before the procedure.
POST-CARE FOR EYELINER
**We recommend having someone drive you home after the procedure! **
- Take Tylenol as needed to relieve discomfort.
- The eyes may become dry or irritated. It is possible to use lubricating refresher drops.
- After cleaning, apply the balm twice daily with clean fingers for 7 days. There is no scrubbing or rubbing.
- Allow the sloughing pigment to fall off naturally rather than picking or pulling it off! Itching is natural.
- For the first 48 hours, you may apply a clean ice pack (which must be protected with a wet barrier film of paper towelling, towel, or cloth). If desired, apply ice every hour or so. Do not place ice directly on the surface.
- For at least 7 days, avoid wearing makeup on or around the eyes.
- For the next two weeks, avoid using an eyelash curler. Before using an eyelash curler, clean it with alcohol.
- Avoid using eyelash extensions for at least two weeks after your eyeliner procedure.
- To avoid premature fading, keep Retin-A, Glycolic Acids, and Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) away from the eyes.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for at least 4 weeks following your procedure. While healing, direct sunlight can cause the pigment to change colour, as well as hyperpigmentation and scarring.
- To avoid bacterial infection, no underwater swimming or bathing for 4 weeks.
- For 10 days, avoid swimming pools, saunas, steam rooms, steamy showers, and hot baths.
- For 10 days, avoid sweating on your face. Sweating through or on the brows will cause pigment to be expelled from the dermis, resulting in “patchy” results.
Expect moderate swelling one to three days after the eyeliner procedure. The eyeliner tattoo will appear hyper-pigmented while healing. This is due to skin regeneration during healing. Healed eyeliner fades by up to 50%. To achieve the desired results, multiple sessions may be required.
The above eyeliner pre- and post-care instructions will influence how quickly or slowly you heal. Mature age, poor diet, stress, smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, age, general health, and sleep/fatigue are all factors to consider. The more tired you are, the weaker your immune system becomes, and infection becomes more likely. Please get plenty of rest and drink plenty of water before the procedure to stay hydrated.
After you've healed, protect your investment!
- Sunlight and tanning beds cause premature fading and discolouration of the pigment.
- Once completely healed, apply a physical sunscreen to the brow area on a daily basis (10 days). Skin ceuticals Physical Fusion is a favourite of ours.
- Wear hats, and sunglasses, and stay in the shade for additional sun protection!
- The pigment’s colour will be altered by lasers. Prior to any laser services, you must cover your tattoo with 20% zinc oxide.
- Touch-ups should be done once a year to keep your results.
- Certain skincare products and services will cause premature fading of your tattoo and may also change the pigment colour. Please apply a tiny layer of balm over your eyeliner tattoo before using any of the following: Glycolic acid, salicylic acid, alpha hydroxy acid, hydroquinone, retinol/ retin-a, vitamin C, peels, microdermabrasion, Obagi, or anything that brightens or treats hyperpigmentation.
- Please apply a barrier of balm over your tattoo before swimming to prevent premature fading.
We have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for those who do not follow our Pre-and Post-Operational Instructions. If you do not follow the above instructions, your artist will deny your service and any future services. There are no implied or written guarantees, especially if instructions are not followed!