We have had the best results with this simple healing method and it makes it easier for everyone! We recommend washing the tattooed area GENTLY 3-5 times a day (every 4-6 hours) with lukewarm water and a disposable paper towel, gauze or cotton round. Pat the area dry and apply a THIN layer of the barrier cream that has been supplied to you. Keep it out of the sun throughout the healing process. Do not apply ANY cosmetics in this area and avoid sweating for AT LEAST 10-14 days. Keep the area clean and let it breathe!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in colour and more sharply defined. This can last up to a week after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place. The treated area may feel a bit like sunburn afterwards but there should be minimal discomfort.
- During the initial healing period, there should be minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin. If there is some scabbing or flaking, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own.
- The complete healing process takes about 6-8 weeks, at which time the true colour of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much colour has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Wait at least 6 weeks to see the true colour, as it seems to take on new strength, and it is only after 6-8 weeks that your second session can be done.
WHAT NOT TO DO:
- You may shower or bathe normally, but avoid getting any soaps, shampoos or other cleansers on the treated area for the first five days as they can be detrimental to the bonding process that must take place for the pigment to stabilize in the dermis.
- DO NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/ flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment. IMPORTANT: Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes. It may appear as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. Within 1-2 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
- DO NOT apply make-up to the tattooed area for the first 2 weeks. Cosmetics of any kind may interfere with the healing and colour of your tattoo.
- DO NOT use Vaseline, Neosporin or other petroleum based products while healing.
- DO NOT bleach, tint or dye the tattooed area for one month following the procedure.
- DO NOT apply any anti-acne products (e.g. Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Proactive, etc.) or lightening creams (skin bleaching creams) such as hydroquinone to the treated area while healing.
- No anti- aging products or facial products containing Alpha Hydroxyls (AHAs), Retin-A, Lactic or Glycolic Acids.
- Do not thread, wax, or use hair removal products on the treated area while healing.
- NO exercising and/or sweating for a few days prior to getting tattooed and for two week after.
- NO swimming pools, Jacuzzis or other bodies of water for two weeks.
- Do not soak your face underwater in a bathtub or allow the shower to spray directly in your face for two weeks.
- Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once completely healed, you may apply sunscreen on the treated area. Wear large sunglasses and a hat for further protection. Rinse and dry the area thoroughly when in contact with chlorine.
- Glycolic acid, microdermabrasion, and chemical face peel products must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten the pigment.
- If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician. Continue at your own discretion. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolour the tattooed area.
- Once the treated area is completely healed, any changes or additions that need to be made can be done at your second session no sooner than 6-8 weeks later.
There are no implied or written guarantees if you do not take care of your Brows.